Re: aptitude: modifying sources.list

Well, I believe the "red screen of non-death" as you put it behaves
exactly as it was intended in the interactive side of aptitude.  From
the command-line, the error message makes sense as well.  Aptitude is
recognizing that your sources don't match up with what packages that
are currently listed, and it's letting you know something is screwy
and that you should update.

However, I do believe it's a bug that updating from the command-line
fails...especially when that's what they tell you to do to fix it heh.
 I'm not that familiar with aptitude from the command-line.  If
there's another aptitude update command you're supposed to use to fix
that problem, then it's not necessarily a bug, but they should mention
that in the error message.  However, if there's only the one update
command then I'd definitly say it's a bug.  You shouldn't have to use
another APT interface to fix aptitude's error message...it just
doesn't make sense.

And yes, I had the same problem when trying to update via the
command-line with an adjusted sources.list.

Ben