Re: aptitude: modifying sources.list

I see, didn't realize you were using it on the command-line.  I
usually use it interactively.

When I adjust my sources.list and run 'aptitude' from the
command-line, a big nasty red window pops up and lists the errors you
describe.  At the bottom is an 'ok' button or some-such, you just hit
enter and it loads up aptitude.  Then i hit 'u' for update.  You can
see it getting the new package lists from the sources.  After it's
done, everything is happy and working great.

I'm not sure what the difference is between 'aptitude update' and
hitting 'u' when in aptitude's interactive console menus.  Perhaps
it's a bug in the program that's causing you to have this problem?

Sorry for the confusion, hope this helps.

Ben