Re: [OT] Anyone have a gimp-print 5.0.0-beta2 deb?

On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 10:12:21PM -0900, Greg Madden wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 December 2004 07:18 pm, Kenward Vaughan wrote:
> > I'm getting an Epson printer for my wife for Christmas, and know it
> > works best with the gimp-print 5.0.0-beta2 drivers.  I am very
> > uncertain about trying to compile the gimp.org package myself (since
> > unstable has only the 4.2.7 release--understandably), and have been
> > unable to Google any reference to a .deb package.
> >
> > Has anyone perhaps put together a packege, or know where I might find
> > one??  Many thanks!
>
> I just compiled gimp-print-5.0-beta2 from source. I have a testing box,
> loaded all the build-depends when the build failed, it prompts for
> needed dev packages. I used, ./configure, make , make install and it
> works. I wasn't able to figure out how to build a .deb package ,
> preferable, but gimp-print works.
>
> --
> Greg C. Madden

Thanks for the reply, Greg.  I'm getting the dev pkgs. myself right now
to try the same thing.  Stuff like this has a spotty track record with
me (a hobbyist-user, not geek), thus my original request.  Glad to hear it
worked for you, and hope the same here.

Did you compile specifically for CUPS, or the whole enchilada?  And did
you have to adjust anything with regard to paths?  I appreciate the
feedback.

Kenward
--
In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be
_teachers_ and the rest of us would have to settle for something less,