Re: download

Giorgio Raccanelli wrote:

Hi list,

I need to download files from the text-environment, i.e. I'm currently not able to run any X system because of driver problems. In order to fix the problems I need to download the drivers from the internet, what is the command? (In the network there's a proxy).

One solution might be "ftp".

Another might be "sftp".

Another might be "wget".

Another might be "links" to browse to a site, and then "d" to download the file.

Or if you're trying to install Debian packages, "apt-get", or "aptitude", or "dselect".

--
Kent