Re: [OT] Anyone have a gimp-print 5.0.0-beta2 deb?

On Tuesday 21 December 2004 11:15 pm, Kenward Vaughan wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 10:12:21PM -0900, Greg Madden wrote:
> > On Tuesday 21 December 2004 07:18 pm, Kenward Vaughan wrote:
> > > I'm getting an Epson printer for my wife for Christmas, and know
> > > it works best with the gimp-print 5.0.0-beta2 drivers.  I am very
> > > uncertain about trying to compile the gimp.org package myself
> > > (since unstable has only the 4.2.7 release--understandably), and
> > > have been unable to Google any reference to a .deb package.
> > >
> > > Has anyone perhaps put together a packege, or know where I might
> > > find one??  Many thanks!
> >
> > I just compiled gimp-print-5.0-beta2 from source. I have a testing
> > box, loaded all the build-depends when the build failed, it prompts
> > for needed dev packages. I used, ./configure, make , make install
> > and it works. I wasn't able to figure out how to build a .deb
> > package , preferable, but gimp-print works.
> >
> > --
> > Greg C. Madden
>
> Thanks for the reply, Greg.  I'm getting the dev pkgs. myself right
> now to try the same thing.  Stuff like this has a spotty track record
> with me (a hobbyist-user, not geek), thus my original request.  Glad
> to hear it worked for you, and hope the same here.
>
> Did you compile specifically for CUPS, or the whole enchilada?  And
> did you have to adjust anything with regard to paths?  I appreciate
> the feedback.

I usually don't compile from source myself but I bought a Epson R300,
which has a funtion to print labels on cd-r/dvd-r media. This function
just recently? was added to gimp-print so I took a chance.
I didn't change anything, used the source from here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1537&release_id=263385
Used the cups localhost:631 web interface and the new gimp-print drivers
were there. I did remove the previous version of gimp-print first, just
in case.

Good Luck.

--
Greg C. Madden