Re: The Debian IRC channel

On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 06:11:52AM +0100, housetier wrote:
> I don't think that #debian is a place for newbies to turn to when they
> need help. When newbis ask for help they face a very urgent problem
> and are usually overwhelmed by it. For their questions to be answered

That's precisely the wrong type of question to ask in IRC.
Those types of questions are answered by the innumerable "here's how to
do X on hardware Y" webpages enthusiasts all over the world have
published.  When you're getting started you're way too stupid to
understand conversational answers to those type of questions.  You
*have* to read a good deal.

It would be like taking a newborn to a restaurant.  They're not going to
be able to order off the menu and they will continue to go hungry.