Re: usb flash stick on 2.6.8.1 kernel

Hi .

I compiled it myself  as
make bzImage
make modules
make modules_install
cp arch/i386/boot/bzImage /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.8.1

other way too i treid using make-kpkg

make-kpkg --revision-=custom-1.0 kernel-image kernel-headers

dpkg -i kernel-image-custom-1.0.deb

But the same thing for the other machine works fine and uname -r yields
2.6.8.1
any other reason for usb not to work?

Regards,
Vijaya