Re: /etc writeable [was: etc writeable blah]

On Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 08:34:10PM -0800, Alvin Oga wrote:
> if space and mem is an issue, motd is bells & whistles
> for gigb-byte sized installs

Actually, since I don't use KDE or Gnome, but use only
gnome-control-center and kcontrol and fluxbox, I have been
able to install almost everything on my host PC (except tex
and games) -- including a great deal of dev headers, on the BootCD
and the ISO is only up to 471MB compressed.

I'm shocked at how slick this is going to be.