Re: Hardware hassles: Linux vs. Windows

On Sun, Dec 19, 2004 at 07:10:56PM -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:
> of Knoppix and other live CD Debian derivatives are that they are better
> than Debian at detecting and configuring things and that if they can detect
> and configure themselves to some piece of hardware it should be possible
> for a person to get Debian to that same state.  That's it.

Quit PMSing.  You're the one who's arguing.  You're right, I spoke up
and said the first two computers I tried to use Knoppix with it did a
poor job.  I said maybe people have the IMPRESSION that autodetection
helps you out more than it already does.

I'm not trying to "counter" or "disprove" anything.  I would like to see
some hard data.

But you come in with both barrels blasting, so frankly, fella, I don't
expect much from you but something really snide.  You just wanna argue.

How about we just declare you the victor and move on?  You're right --
me saying that Knoppix didn't work for me is totally useless data.  It
would completely pointless to collect data on how well something works
for people before you try to emulate it.