Re: Hardware hassles: Linux vs. Windows

William Ballard wrote:
Listen, jackass, pretty much any time you speak up it's bitching.

    Yup, all my questions about how to do things were just bitching.

I said "let's not think Knoppix is perfect" and I gave two examples.

Yes, you did so as if the person you were replying to had said that knoppix is perfect which he, nor anyone else I can think of in recent memory, had ever said. In fact I think the most that anyone has ever said of Knoppix and other live CD Debian derivatives are that they are better than Debian at detecting and configuring things and that if they can detect and configure themselves to some piece of hardware it should be possible for a person to get Debian to that same state. That's it.

I didn't say "Knoppix never works."  Just shut the fuck up.

Nor did I say you had. You did, however, go on a nice tangent on how "we shouldn't fool ourselves" on something which never was postulated in the first place. If you don't like being called for your petty little snidefest then might I suggest you take your own advice.