Re: Outlook more efficient in storing mails?

On Sun, 2004-12-19 at 05:03 -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Dec 2004, Ron Johnson wrote:

> > > I think this has more to do with the fact OE and Outlook are incredably
> > > slow on mailboxes larger than a megabyte and tends to hang entirely on
> > > any mailbox over 4MB.  Or individual messages larger than a few hundred
> > > kB.
> >
> > That's just pure hogwash.
>
> No.  As with anything Microsoft, Outlook behaviour depends extremely heavy
> on just *which* Outlook you're using, and *which* version of it (plus what
> security patches you have applied).  And there's Outlook Express as well,
> which is an entirely different beast (with entirely different bugs).
>
> Outlook is a nightmare to support server-side, unless you can force your
> users to a single particular version of it.

Go re-read the 2 posts.  I did *not* say that Outlook works per-
fectly, all the time, everywhere, every version.  How could you
even think that I did?

Paul Johnson made a foolish, reflexively anti-MSFT blanket state-
ment, and I presented contrary evidence (which you conveniently
snipped in your reply).  That's all.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Vanity, my favorite sin."
Larry/John/Satan, "The Devil's Advocate"