Re: Outlook more efficient in storing mails?

On Sat, 2004-12-18 at 15:27 -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Saturday 18 December 2004 1:50 pm, Ron Johnson wrote:
>
> > However, disks are measured in 10s of GBs.  If your mbox file is
> > getting so big as to fill up /home, you have a problem.  After all,
> > even Outlook has File->Archive... functionality, so that the .PST
> > file won't get so huge.
>
> I think this has more to do with the fact OE and Outlook are incredably
> slow on mailboxes larger than a megabyte and tends to hang entirely on
> any mailbox over 4MB.  Or individual messages larger than a few hundred
> kB.

That's just pure hogwash.

My outlook.PST file is 679,905KB, and works quite well on a 933MHz
laptop with 256MB RAM.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"The pacifist is as surely a traitor to his country and to
humanity as is the most brutal wrongdoer."
Theodore Roosevelt