Re: Please--sound

Andreas,

I really appreciate your help.

I am still struggling with the audio CD issue. Just before I received
your last message, I tried playing an audio CD with both GnomeCD and
KsCD, launching these  both as user and root. I could get neither of
the applications to play an audio CD. I don't think this is a driver
issue, but, as you suggested, one of ownership or permissions.

When I tried to add myself to the cdrom group, I got the message that
"tparks," my username, was already a member. I then executed the
second command you suggested. I received no error messages, but I
still can't play the audio CD.

I am pasting my /etc/fstab file. I thought it a bit strange that Sarge
designated the cdrom drive as /media/cdrom0 instead of /mnt/cdrom, as
Red Hat and Slackware do. Also, I am accustomed to the device name's
listing as /dev/cdrom.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ted

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 23:53:36 +0100, Andreas Janssen