Re: Thunderbird 1.0

Sam Halliday wrote:
i don't care for any of this Personal Certificate stuff... i just want to use it with GPG. and in fact, Thunderbird is *ignoring* all the PGP/Mime attachments for all the emails i have looked at which i *know* have signatures (over IMAP). it is also saying that ASCII signed emails have no "Digital Signature".

Ok, well, let's run through this. I've got TBird installed and working with Enigmail. So, let's compare.

dpkg says:
{grey@mania:~} dpkg -l \*thunderbird\* | grep ii
ii  mozilla-thunde 0.9-6          Mozilla Thunderbird standalone mail client
ii  mozilla-thunde 0.89.0-1       Enigmail - GPG support for Mozilla Thunderbi
{grey@mania:~} dpkg -l gnupg | grep ii
ii  gnupg          1.2.4-4        GNU privacy guard - a free PGP replacement

Enigmail Configuration...

...Basic:
GnuPG executable path: blank
No passphrase for user unchecked.
Keyserver(s): default to whatever enigmail came with.

...Sending:
Encrypt to self - checked
Always trust user ID - checked
Always confirm before sending - not checked
Rewrap signed HTML text before sending - checked
Allow flowed text (RFC 2646) - checked

...Key Selection:
Normal Key Selection - Display selection when necessary
Use Key Selection rules - Define rules manually

...PGP/MIME:
Always use PGP/MIME
Hash Algorithm - SHA1

...Advanced:
Encrypt if replying to encrypted mail - checked
So not add Enigmail comment - unchecked
Treat '--' as signature separator - checked
Use gpg-agent for passphrase handling - unchecked (But will have to look into that, hmmm.)
Do not use '<' and '>' to specify email addresses - checked
Load MIME parts on demand (IMAP folders) - checked

...Debugging:
Empty.

Account Settings, OpenPGP Security:
Enable OpenPGP support for this ID - checked
Use specific OpenPGP key - checked
I put in my key ID, 8B6399C5

Sign non-encrypted by default - checked
Sign encrypted by default - checked.
Encrypt by default - unchecked.

On the main window do you have "Enigmail" between "Message" and "Tools" on the menu bar?

When reading mail do you have "Enigmail" between "Message" and "Tools" and/or a Decrypt Icon between Forward and Delete?

When composing mail do you have "Enigmail" between "Options" and "Tools" and/or an OpenPGP icon between the Attach and S/MIME icons?

That's pretty much my setup and indication of Enigmail working on 3 Debian installs here. I apologize for asking about Enigmime being installed. That was the Windows side of things where they don't have a single installer for both pieces.