Re: ide-scsi emulation and modules configuration at

> Lsmod shows that after reboot both cdrom and ide-cd modules are running
> I can mount CDROMS to /dev/hdx. I have /dev/scdX setup properly.
> Mounting of /dev/scdX fails, "dmesg shows that ise-scsi emulation does
> not work.

I believe you need to tell ide-cd to ignore your ide-scsi drives.  My
notes from when I used to do this say that I put

options ide-cd "ignore=hdc"

into /etc/modules.conf, or a file in /etc/modutils, or a file in
/etc/modprobe.d, depending on how you're using modutils or module-init-
tools.  You might also be able to do this by passing a kernel boot
parameter, but I can't seem to lay my hands on that information just
now.

Good luck,
Andrew.