Re: Preserving directory sort order in mkisofs

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 02:26:42AM -0800, Jean Hoderd wrote:
> I am trying to create a CD where the file order
> in the directory list is the same as it was under
> the original ext3 partition.  However, mkisofs
> *always* sorts the entries alphabetically, alas!

Possibly it is a requirement of iso9660 that the directories must be sorted,
I don't know.  I'm curious, what's your need for directories with a particular
sort order?

I had a look on google "iso9660 directory order", apparently I guessed right:

http://www.mp3ar.com/Literature/iso9660.pdf
http://www.google.com.au/search?q=cache:UkJgQU9UgKwJ:www.mp3ar.com/Literature/iso9660.pdf+iso9660+directory+order&hl=en&client=firefox-a