Re: How do I make email like WWWOFFLE and NOFFLE?

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 06:25:01AM -0500, Scotty Fitzgerald wrote:
> What steps are required to make my email work like WWWOFFLE and
> NOFFLE?  I have Exim running and I heard about Fetchmail, but
> I need to know the basic concepts.  Any help or pointers to
> faqs on how to do this are greatly appreciated!

How do you get your mail - POP3 or IMAP from another server?

If POP3, use fetchmail and fetchmailconf
If IMAP, use offlineimap (this is what I am using)

Those are Debian package names, type e.g. "apt-cache show fetchmailconf"
for more info.

Let's know if you have trouble configuring them.

procmail is another thing you might want to use, but get the others going
first.