Re: e-Sword under Linux?

On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 09:48:20PM -0500, Roberto Sanchez wrote:
> Just out of curiousity, when was it published?  I was under the
> impression that most accepted serious biblical commentaries were
> written long ago enough that they had passed into the public
> domain.

In the 1950s.  I don't know how you got that second impression.
The short answer is "no" -- for example, new texts are written about the
Dead Sea Scrolls.

> Do you mean that the language of the KJV is stilted, or that the
> search syntax of the bible-kjv package is stilted?

The language of the KJV is stilted for my purposes.  I often want to
look up aphorisms I pick up in the culture, and the Thees and Thous get
in the way.