Re: e-Sword under Linux?

On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 06:19:31PM -0800, Freddy Freeloader wrote:
> I have almost completely gone away from Windows for my desktop OS.  The
> one program I have found so far that I can't find anything even close to
> in a Debian package is e-Sword, a Bible study package packaged only for
> Windows.

apt-cache search bible
apt-cache show gnomesword

What I'd like is the Oxford Press Version of the Revised Standard
Edition, which is a copyrighted work but the preferred text for
scholars.

It's too hard to look up phrases in the KJV because the syntax is
relative stilted.  And I don't want to use some far-out newage
FreeBible from 4GuysInMontana, Inc.