Re: Hardware hassles: Linux vs. Windows

If you're looking for the power of Debian packaging with the
installation, support, timely releases, etc. of something like Mandrake,
then there's only one place to go:

    http://ubuntu.com/

I've played with this on a few test systems and I really like everything
about it, including their philosophy which is very close to Debian's
(makes sense since many Debian developers work for them).  My dad wants
Linux on his laptop for Christmas, and this is the distro I'm planning
to give him.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@nortelnetworks.com>   HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools