Re: Hardware hassles: Linux vs. Windows

On Wed, 2004-12-15 at 09:50 -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:
> Christian Convey wrote:
> > But to be fair, that hasn't been my experience with Windows XP at all.
> > So I'm doubtful that the users' simplicity offered by Windows has
> > crashiness as a necessary consequence.
>
>      Of course with WinXP you have DRM and the dreaded 3-strikes problem.
> They might have licked that crashing problem (har, riiiight) and just traded
> it in for their own set of shackles.  I have no experience with XP becuase of it.
>
>      Now, 2k.... don't get me started on 2k.  Anyone who says Debian is hard
> to install obviously has never attempted a 2k install.  *shudder*

I thought Win2k was *very* easy to install.  It's the best version
of Windows I've used: it fixed the bugs in NT4, without adding
the cheesy GUI of XP.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

The purpose of the military isn't to pay your college tuition or
give you a little extra income; it's to "kill people and break
things".
Surprisingly, not everyone understands that.