Re: GGV can't read PDF files.

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 12:12:24 -0800 (PST), Brian Dockter
<ndsbriand@yahoo.com> wrote:

> If I try to read a PDF file using GGV, I
> get the message:  File is not a valid PostScript document. Both GV and GS
> (gs-afpl) read the file correctly.
>
> Any ideas about what's wrong?

Yes. PDF support is being dropped from ggv. See
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=248512&archive=yes

I think this is an enormous step backwards personally. The KDE
approach (kviewshell with various 'parts' for the filetypes and thus a
consistent UI across document types) is the way forward I'd say, for
viewing PS/PDF/DVI (and hopefully .DOC files one day)

--
Jon Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/