TC1100 + Debian with kernel 2.6.9

Hi,
I recently got a HP Compaq TC1100. I tried initially to insstall
Debian, stable.
I intalled the system and X + mouse + keyboard.
The challenge was to install the pen, but I couldn't

Temporarily, I installed Fedora Core 3. Actually, all works and I am
looking
again to return to Debian.

But, I need kernel 2.6.9. Can anybody confirm if ther is any debian
stable with
kernel 2.6.9?
If not, can I simply update the Debian stable kernel 2.4 to 2.6.9 ? I
have been told that 2.6.9 manages modules differently - that's why I
ask if anybody knows better about this.

Thank you
Arian