Re: Linux Router

Croy, Nathan wrote:
From: Michael Madden [mailto:madden@cmsrtp.com]
Sent: Monday, December 13, 2004 5:31 PM

Thanks for all the advice.  I guess something like
LRP appealed to me more since it was floppy based
and didn't require setting up a distro with many
unneeded utilities. Does anyone know of an active
floppy based firewall (Linux or *BSD)?

I've never used it, but CoyoteLinux [1] appears to be active.
It even has a Windows based "Wizard", if you are so inclined.

[1] http://www.coyotelinux.com/products.php?Product=coyote

I've used Coyote for a long time. It was great. Easy to setup and it has a 2.4 kernel (so you can use iptables if you need to manually tweek something), a wizard that works OK from windows, and a shell menu-driven or web interface that allows you to setup most cenarios... anything more complicated than you find in the interfacem you can go to the shell and setup yourself

Using floppy = read-only medium, easy system backup ;-), no noise, low heat... I was using it in a diskless/fanless P200 Classic with 16Mb Ram