Re: Nightstand Terminal

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 06:54:16AM -0500, Scotty Fitzgerald wrote:
> Does anybody have experience with the following?
[...]
> 3) Since an old laptop is a possible solution based on it's size,
> any reccommended sources for purchasing used laptops that are
> known to be able to run Woody?!

The terminal on my improvised night-stand is an old AcerNote Light
(350PCX) running sid, current as of whenever I last updated it.  My
laptop source is family getting rid of older laptops.  It runs Opie
(compiled from source), a graphical environment that does not use X that
is intended for PDAs, without much trouble, but I remember not being
able to get it to work properly with X4 so I had continued with
Potato's X3.6 (until I removed X).

> 4) What about crossover cable vs actually using a switch for
> a two computer network?

I've been using a null modem serial cable or a wireless link, depending
upon where the laptop is located.

--
Seneca
seneca-cunningham@rogers.com