problem with dynamic linking against libc6 - errno missing?

I am trying to use the symbolic math toolbox through matlab which uses maple,
and I am getting the following error which I can't make out, anyone has any
ideas?

Unable to load mex file: /usr/local/matlabR14/toolbox/symbolic/maplemex.mexglx.
/usr/local/matlabR14/bin/glnx86/libmaple.so: symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
??? Invalid MEX-file '/usr/local/matlabR14/toolbox/symbolic/maplemex.mexglx': .