Re: the new installer for the previous sarge

belahcene wrote:
Hi,
I ve just downloded the sarge net-installer RC2, and tried to install the sarge I downloaded before ( release aug 2004 ( 13 CD) ).
The installation gave release error.
have to download again all sarge CD 5 (15 CDs) ???? is there a possibility to install my old CD with the new installer ??

thanks for help
bela

What exactly did you do? You installed what with rc2? The default installation? Then how did you use your 13 CD's? Now of course the programs that came with rc2 are dated late november and your 13 CD's are dated august. What do you think? Will the match? Right, they won't. Why would they?

So you can use your 13 CD's to install Debian, or you can use rc2 to install Debian and you will have to use the programs that match rc2, meaning of that level.

You can do a netinstall and get them, or you can download whatever CD's you want and get them from there.

H.