Re: the new installer for the previous sarge

On Wednesday 08 December 2004 7:59 am, belahcene wrote:
> Hi,
> I ve just downloded the sarge net-installer RC2, and tried to install
> the sarge I  downloaded before ( release aug 2004 ( 13 CD) ).
> The installation gave release error.

Of course.  It doesn't work like that.

> have to download again all sarge CD 5 (15 CDs) ????

No, you *only* need the net-install CD.  Why waste all kinds of time,
bandwidth and media (all of which cost money) when you can just
download the packages you need with apt-get using the network install
CD?

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.dyndns.org