Re: Framebuffer console disabled in woody [SOLVED?]

Tried with 2.4.18 - seems to be the most recent kernel w/ woody (?) - same difference.. Then I took a look at the .config file in /boot and sure enough the VESA VGA option is unchecked. So the woody kernels apparently ship with the graphical console disabled. I googled a bit more and found a couple of posts that seem to confirm my findings. Well, I'll just have to install a kernel from source and that should do it.