Re: Full replacement of MS

* Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> [2004 Nov 29 23:03 -0600]:

> My uncle uses SR (speech recognition) when "writing".  He speaks
> the paragraphs in while walking around (long cord on the mic :)
> or laying back thinking.  Then he edits it in Word.

At one time, some years back, I thought that IBM was going to port its
Via Voice to Linux.  Am I wrong or was that just a rumor/wishlist of
the community?

> I'm sure that his teachers wouldn't be impressed that he knows
> what "corpse", "slay", "thrust", "smite", "bash", etc mean.

Perl, Python, Ruby... :-)

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of