Re: Floppy mount & unmount clarification please

On Nov 29 2004, Jim Hall wrote:
> Rogério Brito wrote:
> >I guess that the now-recommended mount point for floppies is under the
> >/media directory, as in /media/floppy, /media/cdrom etc.
>
> /media/foodrive is correct. The mount point isn't the problem.

As you can see from my reply, I wasn't talking about the auto option of the
fstab file, only noting that the now-recommended mount point for removable
devices is under the /media tree. I said no less, no more.

> Every other distro I've looked at has been able to mount DOS discs
> without asking me to define an fs type, so I know it's possible.

Just load the modules that you know that you'll need (and, then, auto will
test those modules), compile the driver in the kernel or list the
filesystems in /etc/filesystems (which mount checks).

Hope this helps, Rogério Brito.

--
Learn to quote e-mails decently at:
http://pub.tsn.dk/how-to-quote.php