Re: Floppy mount & unmount clarification please

Rogério Brito wrote:
On Nov 28 2004, s. keeling wrote:

Change the fs type in /etc/fstab to "auto":

/dev/fd0 /floppy auto defaults,user,noauto 0 0

I guess that the now-recommended mount point for floppies is under the
/media directory, as in /media/floppy, /media/cdrom etc.

/media/foodrive is correct. The mount point isn't the problem.

Changing the <type> to "auto" in /etc/fstab doesn't change this behavior. It (auto) must get it's data from something else. That something must define the fs types that "auto" recognizes. That's why I'm asking about the "floppy module" (or whatever it's called). For all I know, there could be a simple config file. I haven't found one so far, or a reference to one. Since I don't know what I'm looking for, I expected that.

Every other distro I've looked at has been able to mount DOS discs without asking me to define an fs type, so I know it's possible.

Jim