Re: mutt pop configuration

Incoming from George Iordanou:
> I'm using debian unstable. I'm currently reading my e-mail through
> evolution. I want to read them through a text-based mail client. As i
> can see my best choice is mutt (there's nothing else exciting available,
> [snip]
> Details of GMail account:
>
> Incoming Mail (POP3) Server ??? requires SSL: pop.gmail.com
> Use SSL: Yes

I know nothing about gmail, but it appears fetchmail-ssl should do
what you need to get mail off gmail.  You may then need an MTA
(sendmail, postfix, exim, ssmtp) to send mail out from your box.  I've
no idea if any of those handle SSL, but I expect the first three
would.

mutt's just an MUA (mail reader), though a good one.  It needs the
other two to actually send & receive mail.

- -