Re: Openoffice printer problem - A Bug?

On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 10:43:45PM -0500, Adam Aube wrote:
> Thomas H. George wrote:
>
> > Since the local printer is installed and is working correctly I hesitate
> > to delete and reinstall it.  It would seem best to remove the printer
> > from Openoffice and reinstall it there but I don't see how to do this.
>
> Have you looked under OpenOffice.org Printer Administration
> (/usr/bin/oopadmin)?
>
> Adam

I ran oopadmin and successfully printed a test page.  Further
experimenting showed that Openoffice could print earlier documents on
the local printer but not any newly created documents!

If an earlier document is printed it shows up on the CUPS completed job
list.  If a newly created document is sent to the printer nothing
happens, it is as if it were sent to /dev/null, it is never reported by
CUPS on either the print que or the completed jobs list.

I have also lost the ability to print the newly created document on
another printer connected to a different system on the LAN.  Yesterday
this worked.  Today anything sent to the other printer is lost.

Tom George