Openoffice printer problem

Until the most recent dist-upgrade Openoffice had no trouble printing with the local printer, an HP 940C installed with Cups. The printer installation is correct. Lynx localhost:631 shows in as the default printer, available and accepting jobs. The test page prints perfectly and a simple text file can be printed from the console with the lp command. When the attempt is made to print a document from Openoffice it appears to work but nothing is printed, nothing appears in the print que and nothing appears in the jobs completed list.

Openoffice knows that there is a second printer on the LAN and can print the document to this printer with no difficulty.

Since the local printer is installed and is working correctly I hesitate to delete and reinstall it. It would seem best to remove the printer from Openoffice and reinstall it there but I don't see how to do this.

I would appreciate any suggestions,

Tom George