Re: courier-mta + amavisd-new + spamassassin

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 00:10:10 +0100, Mark Maas <mark@menem.mine.nu>
wrote:

Hi Mark,

>central point. But take a look at LDAP. With LDAP you can do the
>same things and also do future things from this one database.
>Creating a "single-sign-on" environment for your users.

I considered moving the user information to a MySQL or LDAP Server but
I'm searching for a setup which I can implement at some customers and
I think some of them would see it as overkill if I for example setup
an ldap/sql server for only 5 users. Do you know a tool like
phpMyAdmin for LDAP? Because some customers can be convinced with
graphical tools ;-)

>The courier MTA was made by them to indeed fulfill the demand for
>"everything from one distribution point". And although it eases the
>integration, you get the idea there not using standards for it.

Yes, that's right. And although I like courier, I must admit, that the
configuration is very unlikely like every other mta I ever configured.

>Hehe, it took me a while before switching from Sendmail as well.
>Exim is a breaze compared to Sendmail. And a LOT better in security!

The Security issues with sendmail where also my motivation to switch
because if found courier is designed very secure. It seems that you
know courier as well as exim - is the security compareable?

>Maildrop and ".forward" files (exim's own filtering language real
>easy to understand compared to procmail), and procmail.
>Users can use any of these. Web interfaces make creating rules easy
>for users.

That sounds sexy!

>As a side effect when users want to report spam to me, they send it
>to a special "spam" email adress. This email then gets "fed" in to
>there spamassassin database. Thereby strengthening spamassassin for
>the next similar spam that comes along. This is done with procmail
>recipies.

And this even more!

You offered to send me your exim configuration. If this offer still
stands I would like to accept it?

Cheers,
Horst