Re: HELP!!!, can't login even as root

Well, I did it, but it didn't help. Still unable to boot. The corresponding entry in fstab was changed to
r,w,exec
Even from the woody rescue cd couldn't get in, same response. Used a grub floppy, tried to load another kernel, 2.4.20 i think, same response.
Any ideas what to do? Sunday, all are resting, bad luck for me.
Don't want to reinstall everything from scratch.
Hoping some ideas will pop from someones fingers.
Thank you David.
Try this from a knoppix xterm (or other terminal)

$ su
# mkdir /mnt/debian
# mount -o rw,exec -t auto /dev/<root partition> /mnt/debian
# chroot /mnt/debian /bin/bash
# mount -a
# <text-editor> /etc/fstab
make sure that / is mounting read-write and exec

--

David Mandelberg
webmaster@eth0.is-a-geek.org