Re: mutt + squirrelmail

On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 09:06:12PM +0100, Maurits van Rees wrote:

[...]
> Some snippets from my .muttrc:
>
> # Default mail directory - `=' refers to this folder.
> set folder=imaps://maurits@mail.vanrees.org/INBOX.
>
> # Local mail spool box:
> mailboxes /var/mail/maurits
> # IMAP inbox:
> mailboxes imaps://maurits@mail.vanrees.org/
> # debian-user is sorted delivered here:
> mailboxes imaps://maurits@mail.vanrees.org/INBOX.Debian
> # junk/spam is delivered here:
> mailboxes imaps://maurits@mail.vanrees.org/INBOX.Junk
>
> > > With that pressing 'c' shows the mailbox with the new mail.

That did not seem to work for me, but
    set folder=imap://richard@the-place.net/
and
    mailboxes =INBOX
does, at last, allow me to return to the INBOX via 'c' and tab.

So I am making progress.

Is there a way to move a message to another mailbox?  I have only found
'C' and then 'd' to do this.

Anyway, thanks for the help.  I shall probably gradually get it all
working now.

UPDATE:

I have been stuck for a day unable to send any messages from mutt (and
something I did in mutt has upset kmail, so that option is gone (kmail
cannot work out what folders are there -- keeps jumping back and forth
between two interpretations of the folder list).  I do not quite know
where to look for the explanation of no outgoing mail from mutt.
Outgoing mail from the command line goes with no problem.  I assume
something in the default mutt and/or the bits I cribbed from various
sources is disagreeing with exim4.  Or doesn't exim4 come into the
sending of mail?  I get so confused by these components.  I have tried
setting exim4 (with dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config) as internet server
and as using smarthost (my ISP).  Both work from command line.  What log
files should I be examining?

--
richard