Re: Bold Fonts Not Working in OpenOffice (Sid)

H. S.(greatexcalibur@yahoo.com) is reported to have said:
> Apparently, _Matt Price_, on 18/11/04 18:05,typed:
> >On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 09:37:08AM +1100, Bernard Lineham wrote:
> >

> Actually, yes. Since when I was having a problem in seeing bold fonts
> onscreen, the exported PDF files looked okay with bold fonts printed nicely.
>
> I guess the problem would be in the fonts rendering on the system. I
> have these packages installed:
> $> dpkg -l xfs* *ftt* mstt* | grep ^ii
> ii  xfs            4.3.0.dfsg.1-8 X font server
> ii  xfs-xtt        1.4.1.xf430-5  X-TrueType font server
> ii  xfstt          1.6-2          X Font Server for TrueType fonts
> ii  fttools        1.2-13.1       FreeType font utilities.
> ii  msttcorefonts  1.1.12         Installer for Microsoft TrueType core
> fonts
>
> To the OP, try installing the last package above (or others too if
> needed), and see if that makes a difference. Sorry I can't be more
> specific(its been too long since I encountered this problem), but I do
> recall that the problem went away when I installed one or two additional
> packages. You have already tried openoffice related ones, try giving the
> above ones a shot.

Just my 2 cents. Of the packages H.S has installed, I have only the
xfs installed.  I just checked and I can see, and print, Arial and the
Bitstream Vera Charter in bold here (OO version 1.1.2).  I am not
finished setting up this box so don't have truetype fonts installed,
So I doubt that is the problem.

Sorry I don't have the answer to your problem.

Wayne
--
Plug-and-Play is really nice,
unfortunately it only works 50% of the time.  To be specific the