Re: Bold Fonts Not Working in OpenOffice (Sid)

On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 09:37:08AM +1100, Bernard Lineham wrote:
> Many thanks for your reply. I did not have the theasaurus or the help
> package installed so I added those but unfortunately it did not correct
> the problem.
> On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 14:04 -0500, H. S. wrote:
> > Bernard Lineham wrote:
> > > I'm running a recently installed up to date Sid distribution.  I am
> > > having a problem where text in OpenOffice Writer that is marked as bold
> > > is still showing up as plain text.  Can anyone advise how I might solve
> > > this problem?

this may be a problem with the rendering of text onscreen.  In
particular I notice that Bitstream Vera Charter (which was the default
font when I first installed OOo) Bold does not look any different
ONSCREEN than the non-bold.  Try changing the font, e.g. to Times, see
if that helps.  If that solves your problem, then you just need to
switch your default font to something that displays properly.  If you
really like charter and want to keep it as your default, than that
demands a proper fix I unfortunatley am not competent to tell you how
to arrange.

g'luck!
matt

 .''`.       Matt Price