Re: mutt + squirrelmail

On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 12:12:22PM +0000, Richard Lyons wrote:

   >     expect folders to be inside INBOX, the INBOX can only be read in
   >     mutt at startup.  Once you move into another folder, returning to
   >     the top of the tree only shows the folders below it and not the
   >     contents of INBOX itself.  So it is necessary to exit mutt and log
   >     on again to see new mail.

All these can be set with proper declarations in .muttrc. For the above
problem, the following might help.

  mailboxes =Inbox =mylug =debian =tuglist =deb-devel =prosper =toms =strchem =

With that pressing 'c' shows the mailbox with the new mail. I do not
have to log out to see whether a particular folder has received new
messages.

   >  -  Mutt sends mail by some other route, evidently, because what I send
   >     from it disappears without trace.  Well, probably there is a trace
   >     if I knew where to look.  What I mean is, it doesn't default to
   >     something that works

You mean the sent-mail sort of thing? Use the following:

  set record="=sent-mail"

   >  -  Mutt's display gets out of sync by a line some of the time, so that
   >     it is easy to delete the wrong message by mistake.

Some other process/program is displaying on to the terminal. Happens
even to vi/emacs sessions. Press ctrl-l. It redraws the screen.

   >     Even if you  notice the error in time, it is difficult to
   >     scroll back to correct the problem because it skips the
   >     messages marked for deletion.

'J' and 'K' will take the cursor even on to the deleted messages.

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.                                   GPG KeyID : F6A35935
  Fingerprint: D172 22C4 7CDC D9CD 62B5  55C1 2A69 D5D8 F6A3 5935

The average income of the modern teenager is about 2 a.m.