Re: mutt + squirrelmail

On Friday 19 November 2004 15:44, Sridhar M.A. wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 12:12:22PM +0000, Richard Lyons wrote:
> >
> >  expect folders to be inside INBOX, the INBOX can only be read in
> >  mutt at startup.  Once you move into another folder, returning to
> >  the top of the tree only shows the folders below it and not the
> >  contents of INBOX itself.  So it is necessary to exit mutt and log
> >  on again to see new mail.
> >
> All these can be set with proper declarations in .muttrc.

I'll persevere, then.

> For the above problem, the following might help.
>
>   mailboxes =Inbox =mylug =debian =tuglist =deb-devel =prosper

I tried mailboxes =INBOX =lists =blahblah...

but still if I navigate up to
  1  IMAP+                        INBOX.
  2  IMAP+                        INBOX.

(BTW, I do not see why it gives it twice - they both behave the same)

and use [enter] to select the INBOX, I get only a directory listing of
all the subfolders.  I cannot see the incoming mail in the INBOX.  That
is visible when first logged on, and I can work with that as long as I
do not visit another folder.

> With that pressing 'c' shows the mailbox with the new mail.

When I press 'c', I get
Chdir to: imap://richard@the-place.net/INBOX.
and [enter] moves to the folder listing again.

[...]

>- Mutt sends mail by some other route, evidently, because what I send
> >  from it disappears without trace.  Well, probably there is a trace
> >  if I knew where to look.  What I mean is, it doesn't default to
> >  something that works
> >
> You mean the sent-mail sort of thing? Use the following:

No, I mean the mail does not actually go anywhere -- is not sent.
On reflection, I guess that is not a mutt problem - probably means exim
is not set up right.

Thanks for the other bits of advice.

--
richard