Re: Antivirus/Antispyware/Antiadware for linux?

On Wed, 2004-11-17 at 21:57 +0000, Juha Siltala wrote:
> On 2004-11-17, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
>
> > In that context, terms like FLOSS or software-libre (or even FAIS(1)
> > and FAIB(2)) shoud be used instead.  IMO, of course.
>
> Social scientists are apparently standardizing on using the FLOSS term. I
> just see it as a compromise and an effort to not piss any partisans off.
> It seems to conveniently blur the difference between the Free Software
> movement and Open Source, which is might be conceptually hazardous.

I see it as a convenient amalgam when comparing OSS+FS vs. closed
source. Sorta like the main branch in a taxonomy of software freeness,
if you'd like.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B

"It isn't necessary to be rich and famous to be happy. It's only
necessary to be rich."
Alan Alda