Re: Antivirus/Antispyware/Antiadware for linux?

On 2004-11-17, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-11-17 at 08:28 +0000, Juha Siltala wrote:

>> > Of course it is.
>> >
>> > $  dict free
>> > [snip]
>> > {Free cost}, freedom from charges or expenses. --South.
>> > [snip]
>> That's hardly what free/nonfree refers to in the context of Debian=20
>> software, and I'm sure you know that.
>
> Ask anyone on debian-legal if the difference between libre &=20
> money-free is relevant to Debian.

Exactly. The only problem is I fail to see any difference our opinions.
I'm saying F-Prot for personal use is not free. Someone says it's free
because it doesn't cost anything. I'm saying being gratis doesn't make
F-Prot free in ways that Debian uses the word. You're saying the same
thing. And here we are in the middle of an argument, which is kinda weird.

--
Juha Siltala
http://www.edu.helsinki.fi/activity/people/jsiltala/