Re: Will Debian grow and stay?

Michael Z Daryabeygi writes:
> Human beings are multi-faceted.  Free Software benefits from intellectual
> people who have many interests.

There are other mailing lists for your other interests.

> You are arguing that politics is irrelevant and relevant at the same
> time.

Perhaps he is, but I am arguing that politics is divisive and irritating.

> We can stand under a free software big tent even if we disagree about
> global politics.  can't we?

If we actually "discuss" politics, probably not.  Many people seem to find
it impossible to stand next to someone they believe to be unsound on their
favorite hotbutton issues.
--
John Hasler