Off-Topic; was, Will debian Grow....

the point you are missing will is that OT is not such an anathema to everyone as it is to you. The only thing that gets my goat on lists is when people complain about OT or ask people to take things off list. lists are first about community. The value of spontaneous community fosters the value in name. You can't have the latter without the former. Lists are large and cumbersome; searching and filtering is a necessity anyway. A few comments to show your stripe should not be discouraged.
this is about you because you overreacted and bit his head off.
So now the community is biting back.
Play nice and we will be nice to you.
You were courteous enough to obfuscate your spelling, so you must understand on some level social protocol.
curse and yell out loud all you want.  we don't want to hear it.
I am dumping on you, I apologize.
I will try to take my own advice.

William Ballard wrote:

Stop trying to make this about me.  OT is OT.