Re: Will Debian grow and stay?

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 11:46:58PM +0000, Richard Lyons wrote:
> Yes, OT is interesting, OT is fun.  "All work and no play makes Jack a
> dull boy," they used to say.  That was before SATs and all that.  But
> now I am OOT. Or EMOT.

OT isn't fun when it's controversial and about politics.
OT is okay when it's a joke or something, or something relatively
neutral.  OT Bin Ladin is just bad form, and the guy knew what he
was doing, he was trying to throw in a little zinger in there in a bunch
of on-topic stuff.

Let's take this back on topic by discussing whether or not Free Software
gets distracted by trivia like politics and this limits its
effectiveness at displacing Microsoft from its position of power.

I think Free Software gets distracted by trivia like politics when it
should be focusing strictly on software and marketing a "big tent"
message about itself.