Re: apt .v. aptitude (was Re: how to remove exim4 without removing mysql-server?)

Marc Wilson wrote:
Try it... put a package on hold with the normal tools (dpkg, dselect), then

Hrm, works fine here. Of course it helps to note that my "normal tools" is aptitude. If one is using aptitude why would one be using dselect? dpkg I can see when installing third party applications (transgaming, for example) but that's mostly confined to "dpkg -i".