Re: why debian

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 08:08:36 -0600

> > I don't like Debian very much :).  I started to understand Linux
> > when I used Slackware back in 1999, and I still daydream of
> > installing it back
> [snip]
> > I guess I won't switch to other distribution any time soon ... now I
>
> If you dislike it so much, why do you then go on to list it's
> virtues, and say you won't switch

I don't "dislike it so much" :)   I wanted to stress the point that I
did not choose it on a sentimental base, but for the most pragmatic of
reasons: I waste less time setting it up, configuring, installing new
software, upgrading etc. and can just start doing my work, which most of
the time has little to do with system engineering.