Re: mysql db creation: HELP!

Francisco Borges wrote:
Hello,

Running sarge here.

I want to have a b2evolution blog running here and for that I need a
mysql database...

So I installed mysql-server and mysql-client

The mysql-server says I need a numeric IP associated with localhost in
/etc/hosts. I have that.

And it also says that I have to create a password for the mysql root
user: mysqladmin -p --user=root

It says in my README.Debian to do this:

/usr/bin/mysqladmin -u root password 'enter-your-good-new-password-here'

Did u do that?

Also I find WordPress better: fewer bells and whistles.

but I get:

error: 'Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: YES)'

Using -v for verbose doesn't help me to learn anything...

I've also tried to create a ~root/.my.cnf just as in described in
/usr/share/doc/mysql-server/README.Debian but that fails with the very
same error message.

Can anyone tell me how to proceed??
Peace,